An Egyptian necklace "feather of the god Ra", not necessarily authentically divine but in sterling silver with a gold-plated falcon down.
- Gold and silver blended pendant: an elegant, almost divine feather (solid silver feather body, gold plated feather down)
- Resistant pendant: meshed, reinforced and elegant structure
- Very agreeable to wear
- Neat and precise details
- Chain length: 19.5" (50 cm) | Pendant size: 45 mm
- FREE STANDARD SHIPPING
📏Refer to our MEASUREMENT GUIDE to see how the necklace will look according to its length.📏
Friend of the ancient country of pharaohs? What about this Egyptian necklace "cruel Uræus" (steel)? You can also discover all our Egyptian necklaces. You can as well have a look at our complete Egyptian jewelry collection of Egyptian rings, Egyptian bracelets and Egyptian necklaces.
The feathers of Ra
To give light to humans and animals, Ra carry the Sun on his head and travel in the sky. It was believed that he travelled on a celestial boat from East to West during a 24-hour trip:
- During the day, the boat of Ra was known as "Mandjet". Depending on the time of the day, Ra manifested himself in three different entities: at dawn, Ra is the beetle-headed god Khepri; at noon, Ra become the falcon-headed god Ra-Horakhty; and at dusk, Ra become the pharaoh-god Atum).
- At night, Ra traveled on a small barge called "Mensenktet". It is during the night that he must fight the serpent Apep, the incarnation of chaos who want to eat the Sun. Fortunately, Ra always triumphs over the terrible snake and a new day can begin.